Just what did we do before the revolutionary discovery of contact lenses? You just pop them into your eyes, and within seconds suddenly the world seems such a beautiful place! With the more recent development of soft and pliable lenses, contact lenses have never been more comfortable.
If the idea of contact lenses is a foreign concept to you, then the below list of frequently asked questions might steer you in the right direction or shed a bit of light on your concerns.
- Check the lens before applying; It should be a regular semi-circle shape
- Always wear and care, never wear and share.
- Wash and dry your hands before touching your contact lenses.
- Don’t sleep with your contact lenses in (unless otherwise specified by your eye doctor).
- Avoid wearing contact lenses while showering, swimming, or using a Jacuzzi.
- Always handle makeup/hairspray after you handle your contact lenses.
YOUR SUPPLIES :
- When cleaning your contact lenses, rub and rinse them with solution each time.
- Water or spit are not options for cleaning! Use only the solution recommended by your eye doctor.
- Never mix the old disinfecting solution with new. Only use fresh disinfecting solution in your case.
- Never store your contact lenses in water.
- Make sure to replace your contact lenses as often as your eye doctor tells you to.
- Use a clean tissue to rub and rinse your case daily with the solution, then store upside down with the caps off.
- Get a new case at least every three months.
- In case you need to take your contact out at any time, keep a pair of glasses handy at all times.
- Make sure to visit your eye doctor once a year, or more often if needed.
- Ask him/her questions about how to care for your lenses and case.
- If you have eye pain, red eyes, or blurred vision, remove your contact lenses and call your eye doctor.