The last thing we want to be doing in the month of February is slaving away in the kitchen right? At
the same time we don’t want to compromise on a delicious healthy meal. After all you are what you
eat. Here is a quick alternative for a hot summers evening or a light lunch for two.
2 x 350 g portions yellowfin tuna
Virgin olive oil
1. Wrap portions yellowfin tuna in cling wrap and freeze for 30 minutes, or until just set and firm on the outside.
2. When you are ready to serve, remove from the freezer and peel off the cling wrap.
3. Using a sharp knife, slice ultra-thin slivers of tuna and arrange on a large platter.
4. Top with chunky croutons and sliced strawberry and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
5. Finish off with a crack of black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Now if raw fish doesn’t tickle your fancy feel free to swop it out for smoked salmon. It works just aswell.
Wine Pairing: A light red, or a strong rosé
Might not be a bad option for a romantic valentine’s dinner if you’re staying in.
Source: Taste: www.taste.co.za