How to apply and remove your contact lenses
How to apply contact lenses
- With clean, dry hands, place the contact lens on the tip of your forefinger.
- Pull down the lower eyelid with the middle or ring finger of the same hand. Then use your other hand to hold the upper eyelid firmly open.
- Look directly at the contact lens or in a mirror and place the lens directly on the center of your eye.
- After positioning the contact lens, slowly let go of the lower then the upper eyelid, blink, and the contact lens should be centered on your eye.
How to remove contact lenses
- With your eye open, look up. Use one hand to hold the upper eyelid firmly open.
- Use the middle finger on your other hand to hold down the lower eyelid. Using your forefinger of the same hand, slide the contact lens to the lower part of the eye.
- Gently pinch the contact lens between thumb and forefinger.
- Remove the contact lens.